top of page

Rangers Hard Done By but Still Have Lessons to Learn

A 4th minute tap in from Lee Brooks put Rangers in a commanding postion against Broadwell Amateurs, however, like the 4 games previous, it ends in defeat for the home side.

Good work from Sam Tyack and Martin Tombs early on provided Brooks with a simple finish and the chance to upset the form book. The first half followed much the same pattern as Rangers held their shape and broke quickly. Solid performances from Kit Hands, Matt Goss, Jack Robson and Kyle Ellery gave Moreton a fantastic plaform to build upon and they were backed up by John Mcateer in commanding mood in goal. Rangers could and should have gone into the break 2-0 up as a Sam Tyack corner was met by the head of Robson. Unfortunately he just couldn't direct it home.

The second half started much the same. Another Rangers break away, this time, saw Lee Brooks put Stanley through on goal, only to be foiled by the away goalkeeper. The keeper was brought into play again and again as strikes from Brooks and then Harry Peters were beaten away.

It was just as Rangers looked like extending their lead that Broadwell were able to break themselves. This time from a Moreton corner, 10 seconds later the ball was in the back of the home net and the scores even. A crazy 5 minutes saw some sloppy defending from the home side which was capitalised on by the now buoyed Amateurs and they were able to take the lead and control of the game in a shock turn-around.

Moreton didn't give up and kept fighting to get something from the game. Their character was rewarded in the 90th minute when a Sam Tyack free kick caused confusion in the away box and Callum Peters was able to prod home to surely earn a point for the home side...............

The game was then thrown head first in controversy as firstly the referee found the need to add 7 minutes of added time into the game and secondly the linesman failed to see a clear throw in as the ball crossed the line. Straight from the touchline the ball was cleared, as the rangers defence paused for a second expecting a throw in to be given the referee waved play on allowing a Broadwell striker to run clean through and be taken out by the on-rushing Mcateer. The resulting penalty was converted and in the last kick of the game ensured a 5th straight defeat for Moreton.

"A crushing defeat but a great performance against a good side means the ability is there. We just need a bit of luck and bit more concentration but that will come." GAry Barnett

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
bottom of page